1. What is aluminum diamond plate?
Aluminum plate refers to a rectangular plate processed by rolling aluminum ingots, divided into aluminum pure plate, aluminum alloy plate, aluminum thin plate, aluminum medium-thick plate, aluminum diamond plate.
Aluminum diamond plate, also known as aluminium checker plate or aluminum tread plate, is a metal material with regular patterns or raised lines on the surface to prevent slipping. The common patterns are diamond and 5-bar aluminum tread plate. Typically, this diamond plate measures 4x8ft or 5x10ft and is widely used as truck floors, ramps, workshop floors, stairs, etc.
2. How to choose aluminum diamond plate?
(1) According to the different patterns of aluminum plate, the common used types are as follows:
5 bars aluminum diamond plate: 5 bars non-slip aluminum plate is also known lancet-shaped diamond plate. It has good anti-slip ability, and is widely used in building (floor) platform design and other aspects. Because the pattern on the surface of the aluminum plate is arranged in parallel with five uneven patterns, and each pattern has an angle of 60-80 degrees with other patterns, this pattern has excellent anti-slip performance. This kind of aluminum plate is usually used in China as a kind of non-slip material, which has a good anti-slip effect and is cheap.
- Aluminum diamond plate: It is a commonly used anti-slip aluminum plate style with good anti-slip effect. It is mainly used in carriages, platforms, skids in cold storage and workshops, and skids in elevators.
- Orange peel aluminum checkered plate: It is divided into classic orange peel aluminum diamond plate, variant orange peel aluminum diamond plate (also called bug pattern). Its surface shows an orange peel pattern, so it can also be called an orange peel aluminum diamond plate. It is a series of pattern products commonly used in refrigerators, air conditioners and packaging.
- Aluminum spherical diamond plate: It can also be called aluminum semi-spherical patterned sheet. The surface shows a small spherical pattern, just like small pearls, so this aluminum sheet can become a pearl-shaped aluminum sheet. It mainly used in outer packaging. The appearance is relatively beautiful. Due to the special pattern, the strength of this aluminum plate is much higher than other pattern series.
The common patterns of these are diamond and 5-bar aluminum tread plate. Especially aluminum diamond plate which are commonly also used in packaging pipes or outer packaging.
(2) According to the different aluminum alloys, there are 3 types:
- Ordinary aluminum diamond plate: processed with 1060 aluminum plate as the base. In terms of price, it is the cheapest among the three types. It is also the most widely used patterned aluminum plate. Basically, it can be chosen except for any special environment. Usually used in cold storage, flooring, and outer packaging.
- Aluminum-manganese alloy diamond plate: processed with 3003 as the main raw material. This type of aluminum plate is also called rust-proof aluminum plate. Its strength is slightly higher than that of ordinary aluminum alloy pattern diamond plate. It has certain rust prevention properties, but has hardness and corrosion resistance it can’t reach 5000 series of diamond plates, so this product is applied in non-strict anti-rust, such as truck compartments, cold storage floor.
- Aluminum-magnesium alloy diamond plate: processed from 5000 series aluminum plates such as 5052 or 5083. In terms of the content of aluminum, it is the highest. So this kind of patterned aluminum plate is not only very strong in hardness and can withstand gravity, but also has dual functions of anti-rust and anti-corrosion. It is generally used in particularly humid places such as ships.
(3) According to the surface treatment, there are 2 types：
- Highly Polished Aluminum Diamond Plate
The brilliant shine of Aluminum Diamond Plate adds sparkle, along with durability. Also known as Aluminum Tread Plate, Tread Bright, Aluminum Floor Plate. Due to the highly reflective and economical, 3003 Aluminum Diamond Plate is widely used in decorative, cosmetic and architectural applications. Having good forming, drilling and welding ability, Aluminum Diamond Plate is easy to fabricate. Its raised bar can enhance the support strength of the aluminum plate which can make it difficult for the aluminum plate to deform then provides good slip resistance.
- Mill Finish Aluminum Diamond Plate
Strength, skid resistance, and durability are the primary selling points of this product. 6061 Aluminum Diamond Plate is widely used for a wide variety of industrial applications – flooring, loading ramps, trench covers, dock flooring, stair treads, elevator floors, freezer floors, etc. Compared with 3003, 6061 aluminum tread plate offers increased strength and corrosion resistance. It is easy to weld and drill, but has limited formability. 6061 Floor plate is an industrial grade aluminum with a dull mill finish, not intended for decorating applications. Some minor scuffs and scratches may be present.
Choosing different patterns, different materials, and different surface treatment methods all depend on your different uses. Only by choosing the right type can the patterned aluminum plate play its greatest role. As an expert in all kinds of aluminum products manufacturing and technical solutions provider, CHAL can produce many types of aluminum plate. We can also be customized according to the drawings provided by customers. We are proficient in aluminum of various standards and sizes. If you need or are uncertain about the type of aluminum you need, please contact us. CHAL is happy to solve the problem for you.