The packaging industry has transformed along with the rise in environmental preservation awareness. Packaging is made and developed with great care to ensure that it is not only strong but also sustainable and environmentally beneficial.
A startling 72% of respondents in a 2018 survey said they would choose products with eco-friendly packaging.
Companies must come up with packaging that is not only strong and appropriate for the product, but also imaginative, appealing, and environmentally safe.
Aluminum tubes and laminated tubes are two of the most practical choices that meet all these requirements.
Even though these options are eco-friendly, they both have certain pros and cons that should be taken into account before landing on one option.
What is Aluminum Tube?
The cylindrical tube made of pure aluminum is aluminum tubes (Aluminum collapsible tubes / Flexible aluminum tubes / squeeze aluminum tubes / Soft aluminum tubes), The tube’s walls are just 0.1 to 0.18 millimeters thick in various diameters, and after annealing, when the lacquer is made inside, it is difficult to react with the contents and will not function as intended. After adding the end latex at the end of the tube, the aluminum tubes can have a good seal, the product has a more fully protective role.
The majority of brands preferred the aluminum tube because it is also simple to use, store, transport, preserve the environment, is durable, and has other purposes. It can also adapt to a variety of difficult circulation circumstances.
What is Aluminum Laminated Tube (ABL Tube)?
Aluminium laminate tube is made of two materials, plastic and aluminum, spliced together. Plastic is a synthetic polymer, its composition contains some additives such as stabilizers, plasticizers, lubricants, etc. The stability and efficiency of the contents may be impacted by these additives migrating into the contents or the contents being absorbed by the plastic. The manufacturing of aluminum laminate tubes from two materials is more difficult, making it simple for errors to occur during the longitudinal welding of the tube body. Additionally, because the process is unstable, it is difficult to reliably guarantee the airtightness of each individual product during mass production when two different materials are injected into the tube body and shoulder. This is another drawback that hinders its growth.
Aluminum Tube vs Aluminium Laminated Tube: Pros and Cons
Pros and Cons of Aluminum Tube
- One of the most prevalent and significant benefits of aluminum tubes is that they can be recycled, making them a sustainable option.
- From a manufacturer’s perspective, aluminum is a fantastic choice since it is simple to work with because it is malleable and can be twisted into any form or size.
- It is also economical compared to laminated tubes and therefore has the plus point of being cost-effective.
- Aluminum can be fragile and vulnerable to damage if it is thin.
- It can be easily dented.
Aluminum tubes have more benefits than drawbacks. Because our aluminum tubes are constructed from premium alumina and feature affordable liners, it is safe to package chemicals without worrying about spills.
Pros and Cons of Aluminum Laminated Tube:
Laminated tube is used for multiple purposes, which are quite similar to that of aluminum tubes.
- Laminated tubes are more affordable to recycle than aluminum tubes and are more environmentally friendly.
- Laminated tubes are wrinkle-free and have a better appearance.
- They possess qualities of both metal and plastic; the tube benefits from plastic yet possesses metal’s barrier capabilities.
- They appear more attractive, and the tube’s single seam gives the content greater room.
- They are relatively new as compared to aluminum tubes.
The 3 most popular packaging materials currently on the market are aluminum tubes, aluminum-plastic composite tubes, and plastic tubes. They are frequently used in the packaging of cosmetics, daily chemical packaging, glue, ointments, and other ointments.
In order to modify the high consumption, high pollution production and packaging modes, using environmentally friendly materials are the future paths. This is due to the growing desire for green environmental protection. Aluminum tubes will thus play a bigger role in packaging in the future.