Aluminium Blister Foil
- Aluminium blister foil is widely used for medicines in the pharmaceutical industry. It consists of a push-through blister, a moulded plastic with cavities for the individual tablets, and a push-through closure made of aluminum foil, which is called blister film or lid film.
- The blister pack is formed by placing the medicine in a blister or blister of a plastic moulded plastic sheet, and then thermally bonding the plastic sheet to the aluminum foil which is printed and coated with a protective agent and a binder. So aluminum foil for blister packaging is also the main aluminium foil in the field of pharmaceutical.
- We provide various types of pharmaceutical aluminum foil of different standards for the global market.
The Order Process of Aluminum Blister Foil
Specifications of Aluminium Blister Foil
|Typical alloy||8011, 8021, 8079|
|Temper||O, H14, H18|
|Standard||ISO SGS ASTM ENAW|
|Packaging||Standard seaworthy export packaging. Wooden pallets with plastics protection for the coil and sheet.|
Benefits of Using Aluminium Blister Foil For Pharmaceutical Packaging
The unrivaled barrier properties of aluminum foil make it impenetrable to moisture, aromas, oxygen and other gases, as well as micro-organisms and light.
Aluminum foil is non-toxic and non-hazardous. It does not harbour or promote bacteria. It can be supplied in a sterile condition. Aluminium foil is also suitable for the application of tamper-evident seals and anti-counterfeiting security, such as holograms.
Sustainable and environmentally friendly
Aluminium foil in pharmaceutical packaging has a very positive environmental profile – it saves weight, reduces transport and handling costs and affords complete protection to sensitive pack contents. Advanced separation techniques allow the aluminum foil in domestic waste to be recovered and recycled at a fraction of the original energy cost.
In the medical and personal care markets, aluminum foil is mainly used in push-through blisters as a high-barrier performance, sealable and breakable membrane. In cold-formed blisters or strip packs (e.g. for suppositories), aluminum’s excellent formability allows us to form the material into highly complex shapes without impairing its barrier integrity.
Application of Aluminium Blister Foil
1. As the shield of PVC hard films for blister packaging, it doesn’t directly contact foods or drugs, suitable for high-density drugs.
2. High barrier performance against moisture, oxygen, light and UV rays.
3. Used as special packaging materials for the drugs under the extreme (high or low temperature) environment.
4. Commonly dominated by gold and silver colour, the surface can be beautifully printed for advertising.
5. Supporting the use of packaging materials is PTP and PVC.
6. Machinery used is tropical blister packing machine.