6005 Aluminium Sheet
- 6005 aluminum sheet is an alloy in the wrought aluminum-magnesium-silicon family (6000 or 6xxx series), which is the most widely used type of anti-rust aluminum. It is closely related to the 6005A aluminum alloy, but not the same. The main difference between the two is that the minimum composition percentage of 6005 aluminum in these two alloys is higher than 6005A (while they have essentially the same maximum value). The most common forming method is extrusion.
- Aluminum alloy 6005 has properties similar to those of alloys 6106 and 6082 and can sometimes be used interchangeably with them, but 6005/6005A has better extrusion characteristics. The chemical compositions of 6005 and 6005A are different, however, and should not be confused. Alloy 6005 contains significantly higher amounts of silicon, which reduces the melting temperature and improves its extrudability.
- Alloy 6005 is similar to alloy 6061. When produced to a -T5 temper, it has the same minimum tensile and yield strength as 6061-T6 and better machinability and strength properties than 6063-T6. Alloy 6005A may also replace 6061 due to its better extrudability and surface appearance.
- CHAL Aluminium Sheet Supplier, which is one of the leading aluminum sheet suppliers in China, can manufacture and supply high-quality 6005/6005A aluminum sheets of different sizes and tempers.
Specifications of 6005 Aluminium Sheet
|Material Temper||F, O, H112, T4, T6, T651|
|Delivery Terms||FOB, CFR, CIF|
Chemical Composition of 6005 Aluminium Sheet
Common Tempers of 6005 Aluminium Sheet
O – Soft.
T6 – Solution heat-treated and artificially aged.
T4 – Solution heat-treated and naturally aged to a substantially stable condition.
T651 – Solution heat treated, stress relieved by stretching then artificially aged.
T6511 – Solution heat-treated, stress-relieved by controlled stretching and minor straightening is allowed after stretching to comply with standard tolerances then artificially aged.
The Features of 6005 Aluminium Sheet
1. High strength, especially anti-fatigue strength. High plasticity and corrosion resistance, can not be strengthened by heat treatment. The plasticity is good during semi-cold work hardening, the plasticity is low when cold work hardening, the machinability is poor, and it can be polished. Good cold workability.
2. It has similar properties to 6106 and 6082 alloys and is sometimes interchangeable, but 6005 / 6005A has better extrusion properties.
3. 6005-T5 has the same minimum tensile strength and yield strength as 6061-T6 and has better machinability and strength properties than 6063-T6.
4. The welding performance similar to 5182 aluminum sheet, but the welding performance of 6005 aluminium sheet by gas welding, argon arc welding, spot welding and roll welding is very good.
Applications of 6005 Aluminum Sheet
6005 aluminum sheet can also be used for handrail tubing, truck, trailer, automotive, bus, and rail components, platforms, ladders, structures, building and construction applications, marine applications.
Packing Detail of 6005 Aluminium Sheet
Our products are packed and labelled according to the regulations and customer’s requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. The standard export packaging, plastic film or craft paper covered. wooden case or wooden pallet is adopted to protect products from damage during the delivery. Also, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
Trustworthy 6005 Aluminium Sheet Manufacturer – CHAL
As a professional aluminum sheet manufacturer & supplier & wholesaler in China, CHAL can provide 6005 aluminum sheet, competitive prices and superior quality promised. Aluminum slit coil, aluminium strip, coated aluminum coil, aluminum plate, aluminium sheet metal, and more also are available with wholesale prices.
For more detailed information, please feel free to contact us directly.