6061 T6 Aluminum Channel
6061-T6 Aluminum channel is an excellent candidate for most processing techniques and both interior and exterior applications. Association channels have defined edges on the outside and a tapered edge on the inside where the channel legs meet at the base making the leg’s thickness uniform. Common applications include trailers, walkways, ramps, and structural support. It’s lightweight, corrosion-resistant, and an excellent choice wherever strength is required.
We carry channel 6061 T6 aluminium associated with consistent thickness and European standards with tapered walls. 6061 is highly versatile and normally used for aerospace, marine, electronic, ornamental, machinery, and structural applications. 6061 T6 aluminum has a good strength-to-weight ratio, above-average corrosion resistance, good machinability, and is excellent for welding. 6061 aluminum channel stock is available in full-size and custom-cut lengths.
- ASTM B221-08
Characteristics of 6061 T6 Aluminum Channel
- Most commonly used. High strength & good welding. Not good formability. If formed, needs a very gradual radius.
- 6061 T6 aluminium is one of the most versatile alloys and offers a wide range of mechanical properties.
- With medium to high strength, good toughness, and a good surface finish, it maintains most of the good qualities of aluminum.
- Welded by all methods and can be furnace brazed. T6 has an ultimate tensile strength of at least 42,000 psi, yield strength of at least 35,000 psi, and ultimate shear strength of 27,000 psi. In ï¿½” thickness, it has an 8% elongation and 10% in thicker sections.
- You can buy aluminum products that come in many different sizes and shapes including bars, angles, rounds, plates, channels, and beams.
Specification of 6061 T6 Aluminum Channel
|Size||Weight Per Square Foot (Lbs)||Depth||Width (Flange)||Thickness (Web)|
|2″ x .130||0.5774||2″||1″||.130″|
|2″ x .170||1.071||2″||1.25″||.170″|
|3″ x .130||1.135||3″||1.50″||.130″|
|3″ x .170||1.597||3″||1.75″||.170″|
|4″ x .150||1.738||4″||2″||.150″|
|4″ x .190||2.331||4″||2.25″||.190″|
|5″ x .150||2.212||5″||2.25″||.150″|
|5″ x .190||3.089||5″||2.75″||.190″|
|6″ x .170||2.834||6″||2.50″||.170″|
|6″ x .210||4.03||6″||3.25″||.210″|
|7″ x .170||3.21||7″||2.75″||.170″|
|7″ x .210||4.72||7″||3.50″||.210″|
|8″ x .190||4.15||8″||3″||.190″|
|8″ x .250||5.79||8″||3.75″||.250″|
|9″ x .230||4.98||9″||3.25″||.230″|
|10″ x .250||6.14||10″||3.50″||.250″|
|10″ x .310||8.36||10″||4.25″||.310″|
|12″ x .290||8.27||12″||4″||.290″|
|12″ x .350||11.82||12″||5″||.350″|
Application of 6061 T6 Aluminum Channel
6061 T6 aluminum is commonly used for a wide range of products and applications including fishing reels, truck frames, structural components, machine parts, aircraft and aerospace components, marine fittings, camera lenses, transport, valves, couplings, etc. As one of the top aluminum profiles suppliers in China, CHAL is ready to meet your demand for aluminum 6061 T6.